ADP is dedicated to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information. ADP provides a website for our existing as well as prospective clients. People use our website to request more information regarding certain products and services, and to enquire about their existing products and services. ADP has developed this client privacy notice to enable its clients to understand how we collect, use and safeguard their personal information.
Who we are:
The primary function of Analytical & Diagnostic Products is to supply, service and support analytical, diagnostic and research products including rapid hygiene monitoring systems; food safety solutions; general laboratory equipment; imaging and microscopy instrumentation; microbial detection products; environmental monitoring solutions; microplate instrumentation; electrophoresis equipment; pipettes and consumables; reagents and kits for research, veterinary, phytodiagnostics and drugs of abuse within Southern Africa.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information includes any information that lets ADP identify you, such as your name/s and surname combined with your company’s physical / postal address and contact details.
- In terms of South African legislation, personal information also refers to the personal information that identifies legal entities, such as the trading name of a company combined with the company registration number.
- In terms of South African legislation, special personal information refers to Information regarding race or ethnic origin, religious and philosophical beliefs, political persuasion, trade union membership, health or sex life, biometric information or any criminal behavior which relates to alleged criminal offences or proceedings.
- ADP collects personal information about its clients, what information is collected depends on the products or service we can or do provide you. These interactions include but are not limited to filling in contracts, email correspondence, telephone correspondence or online software communication. Information includes what specific product or service we can provide the client.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, via the following channels:
- Based on your use of our products and services;
- Based on how you engage or interact with us, such as on social media, and through e-mails, letters, telephone calls, exhibitions;
- Use of our website or our supplier’s websites;
- From third party companies affiliated within our industry.
- We will only process your personal information for lawful purposes relating to our business, if the following circumstances apply:
- You require the use of our products or services;
- You have consented thereto;
- The law requires or permits it.
- Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly from you, for one of the following reasons and is used in order to:
Supply Products and Services: We use the data we have about you (e.g. the data you provide and data we collect from your engagement with ADP), to recommend relevant content on our products and services or to suggest products that could be of use to you and your company. We furthermore use your data to render the requested products and services to you.
Communications: We will contact you, as well enable communications between yourself and our sales, service, marketing and administrative departments. We will contact you through e-mail, mobile / landline phone and requests posted to our website or our supplier’s websites. We also send messages about how to use our products and annual service reminders (if applicable).
Client Support: We use your data to help you and respond to queries. We use the data (which can include your communications) to promote, respond to product / service requests and to resolve complaints and product / service issues.
Collection: Enforcing our obligations, including without limitation to the collection of amounts outstanding from you for services rendered by us.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Our product suppliers;
- Other third party companies within our industry that are aware of products you may require from us.
We may share this information with:
- We may make use of third party service providers to assist us with our services. They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose use it for other purposes. Where required, relevant member’s of our company may share a customer’s personal information with the following persons:
- Government institutions, if required by law;
- Our product suppliers, if and when it is necessary;
- Third parties such as courier companies.
We will we process your personal information when:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to the relevant ADP employees who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information in order to provide you with the necessary products or services, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Electronic personal information is securely stored either on our company password protected servers or password protected relevant staff computers or laptops. All required hard copy paperwork is filed in secure offices in locked filing cabinets, at our offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.
We keep your information for the period of time we are providing you with relevant products and services. We will then dispose of your information within five years of termination of us supplying you the relevant products or services, in accordance with SARS record keeping requirements.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to Kerry Burke (email@example.com). We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Analytical & Diagnostic Products cc to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Analytical & Diagnostic Products cc will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Kerry Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations Analytical & Diagnostic Products cc from destroying your personal data.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Kerry Burke (email@example.com) if you wish to make a request.
Name: Kerry Burke
Address: Unit 13, The Gardens Business Park, Ateljee Street, Randpark Ridge, Extension 52, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Phone Number: +27 (011) 794-5959
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by contacting Kerry Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za