Mycotoxins are naturally occurring toxins produced by moulds or fungi in grain while in the field or during storage. Typically triggered by weather extremes, these toxins can cause severe adverse health impacts on people and livestock who consume them. One mycotoxin, aflatoxin, is considered a carcinogen and is strictly regulated by the FDA and EU legislative limits.
Neogen products offers a comprehensive range of mycotoxin test kits to detect aflatoxin, as well as aflatoxin M1, deoxynivalenol (DON), fumonisin, ochratoxin, T-2/HT-2, and zearalenone, which provide results in minutes while requiring only a minimal amount of training and equipment.
- Neogen Agri-Screen® natural toxin kits are screening tests that compare up to five samples at a time against a known level of toxin. The tests provide visible results that clearly show whether a sample contains more or less of a toxin than the control provided.
- Neogen NeoColumn are immunoaffinity columns that efficiently clean and concentrate the toxins prior to analysis by HPLC or Neogen’s Veratox test kits. The Aflatoxin DR column also can be read with a fluorometric reader.
- Neogen Reveal Q+ (quantitative) kits are extremely easy-to-use and offer rapid and accurate results in minutes.
- Neogen Reveal Q+ MAX tests feature a common water based extraction that enables users to test 6 different mycotoxins from the same prepared sample. The Reveal Q+ MAX tests are fully quantitative later flow tests offering simple and accurate results in only minutes.
- Neogen Veratox kits are quantitative tests that compare up to 19 samples at a time against test controls. Through the use of a microwell reader, the tests provide accurate sample results in parts per million (ppm) or parts per billion (ppb).